Monday, October 31, 2011

Family and Football

Texas Christian University played against Brigham Young University last Friday, October 28, at Cowboy Stadium. The screen is bigger than I remembered! That night, the Horned Frogs beat the Cougars 38-28 while we watched the St. Louis Cardinals take the World Series title against the Texas Rangers.
In regards to the TCU football game, fans were confident they would walk away with a win. The game was close enough to keep people's energy high all the way until the close of the 4th quarter.

My parents flew in, Thursday, from California for the game. I took them to the Junior Varsity Football game at All Saints Episcopal Schools where we watched my YoungLife girls cheer in the pouring rain. None of us were equipped for the rain so the 3 of us used plastic bags as shelter. The game was an interesting experience, but a great memory! You know your parents love you when they will stand in the cold and pouring rain to watch girls, whom they do not even know, cheer at a high school football game. 

That night we went Texas two-stepping at Billy Bob's where we also watched the Cardinals win game 6 against the Rangers. This brought the World Series to game 7 on Saturday when the Cardinals again defeated the Rangers and took the 2011 World Series title. We went downtown for a nice dinner Friday after the game and Saturday was dedicated to shopping at Northpark Mall in Dallas.

My parents left Sunday night. I will not see them again until Christmas so, it was hard to say goodbye. But, it was nice having family in town, even if it was just for a short while. I was happy to show them why I love Texas and how it has become a second home. I look forward to the next time they come out so I am able to show them the new things I have found to love about Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment