Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fantasy Football

Originally I was extremely excited to be part of a fantasy football league. Now, I am just disappointed I do not have a sufficient amount of time to dedicate to it.

Because Sports Broadcasting is my major I thought fantasy football would be a great way for me to understand the game better, know the players and their position, the different teams and stats. Unfortunately I have been so busy with being a Resident Assistant, Young Life Leader on top of taking17 hours, plus homework and still trying to have some semblance of a social life.

Many say I am stretching myself thin. This may be true, but the things I am committed to are all things I love. I would not trade one minute spent with my residents, the high school girls I mentor or doing homework for an extra minute of sleep or alone time. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be involved, meet people and build close relationships with the people around me. I am blessed.

As for fantasy football, there is always next year! Hopefully then I will have more time to dedicate to my fantasy team and really learn about football. Hopefully then I will not have to call my dad for help about which players have the most points, whether or not I should make a trade or who should go on the bench. I look forward to the day I understand the workings of the game, and then who knows, maybe it will give me that edge in competing to be a sports reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment