Monday, October 3, 2011

YoungLife Club

FORT WORTH, Texas-- Being a YoungLife leader is not an easy position to hold because it is all about taking the initiative to meet high school students, build relationships with them and then make it a point to spend time with them. YoungLife is all about contact work and forming relationships because ultimately, in this life, everybody just wants to be loved and understood. What better way to show someone you care than to simply spend time with them.
My life has purpose. I am living my life for something far greater than myself-Jesus Christ and His will. The other day I went to eat yogurt with one of the girls in my group. It was great hearing about her life, where she comes from, her interests and what goals she has for her life.
I have grown up an only child which I feel has caused me to mature faster than most however, I would have given anything for an older sibling to look up to. It would have been nice to know that if I had questions, needed advice or even someone to talk to- besides my parents-that I could count on them to be there for me.
That is the goal in this YoungLife leadership experience. Not only am I learning things about myself and other people, but I am able to be that reliable person, ( the mentor or role model that I never had), for these high school girls who may also need someone to be consistently present in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment