Tuesday, November 8, 2011

High Schools- State Championship Football Game

On November 4, my sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma had a formal with the fraternity Phi Delta Theta. Instead of going to the formal I chose to go to the Texas private high school state championship football game between All Saints Episcopal Schools and Oakridge School.

The game was Saturday at 7:30p.m. at Pennington Field. All Saints is the school where I am a YoungLife leader so it was great getting to go and support the team.

The group of girls I mentor is growing larger in number as the year progresses. Going to this game was a great way for me to get to know the girls better. We were able to talk and get to know each other a little more. Going to this game was worth missing my formal for because I was able to meet new girls and begin forming new relationships.

I am really looking forward to establishing a set small group of girls that will stick together and carry over into the next 3 years. A group that can all get together and share with one another about what is going on in each of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment