Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Stresses of School

College can be such a stressful time in life. One of my residents called me today in tears because she is so stressed about her courses. Currently she is a neuroscience major and says she is struggling to maintain her grades. She is taking 3 of her major courses as a freshman and is having a hard time managing and adjusting to her first year! I have tried to encourage her that it is still only the first semester of her college career.

As a Resident Assistant my goal is to remind her to take it one step at a time- one day at a time- because according to Matthew 6:26, "therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." It is good to set goals, but putting too much pressure on ourselves can sometimes cause us to perform worse in regards to academics.

As one of her peers, I too find myself worrying too much about tomorrow. Matthew 6:26 is a great reminder to be in the present, at peace and content with my life as it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment