Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Amazing

It's amazing how God works.

I did not initially get the position as Resident Assistant until the weekend before school started. I was devastated. I wanted the position for many different reasons. One, it looks good on resumes- an added bonus. Two, my family was struggling financially and I wanted nothing more than to do my part and pull my weight in whatever way I could. Three, I wanted to be someone that freshman girls could go to if they needed anything; someone they could trust and who would give them encouragement through their difficult transition.

I did not see this at the time, but looking back now I am able to see that not getting the RA position right off the bat was a blessing in disguise. It tested my faith and trust that God must have something better for me. Well, He definitely did. Being an RA is the hardest job I have ever had. No one properly prepares you for the literal 24/7- time commitment. But, I can't complain because I am so thankful and blessed to have this position. It's amazing how God works.

I am currently an RA in Brachman Hall and am loving every minute. I did not anticipate liking my residents and staff as much as I do, but I have made friends that I hope to keep for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment